Being an overnight camper is the best way to experience all of that our camps have to offer.
Experience what it's like to live and learn on campus, and meet new friends and counselors who share a love of music and all things FSU!
All campers stay in a privately-owned dorm called the Southgate Campus Centre. This is not an FSU Dorm (orientation & summer sessions prevent us from using FSU dorms). But Southgate is safe, close to our music buildings, and has a dining hall right inside. The building is also staffed with a 24-hour security desk in the main lobby.
There is a camp office located on the 2nd floor of the dorm which is staffed by our counselors 24-hours/day. Campers will come to the office to sign-up for activities, pick-up packages, purchase items from the camp store, or to get assistance from a counselor.
The dorm has laundry facilities available. These machines use a laundry card which can be purchased from the camp office. There is time during the two-week camps to do laundry on the weekend. The average cost of a load of laundry (washing & drying) is $2.00.
A camp store will be set up in the dorm office to sell snacks, beverages and other miscellaneous items such as laundry detergent, toothpaste and other items a camper may have forgotten.
What Will My Room Be Like?
Each room is only 220 sq. feet. The room has it's own bathroom and will contain two sets of bunk beds, two wardrobes for storage, one overhead ceiling light, a shower curtain and toilet paper. Please don't expect any bells or whistles! After all, this is camp - and these rooms are certainly a step up from cabins in the woods! Students are required to bring their own bedding and towels, as well as other standard living items.
Each room will house four (4) campers.
Males and females are separated by floor, though it may occasionally be necessary at our larger camps to have mixed gender floors. In these rare cases males and females will be at opposite ends of the same floor. Under no circumstance will members of the opposite sex be roomed together.
Want To Request A Roommate?
You can! Roommate requests are done online using one of the supplemental camp forms AFTER you are registered and have paid your deposit. You will not be able to submit a roommate request during your initial camp registration.
If you don't know anyone to request as a roommate, don't worry! Most people don't. In these cases we do our room assignments by age.
If you are submitting a roommate request, please note the following:
- All campers involved in the request must submit their own request form so that we see that everyone does want to room together. For example, if Sally, Julie and Mary want to room together, each of them has to submit a roommate request form with all three names on it.
- Please write your preferred roommate(s) names clearly. If we don't know who they are, we can't match you up!
- Males and females cannot request each other
- All requests must be submitted no later than two weeks before the start of your camp.
- You can request campers that are in a different camp than you, as long as those camps begin and end on the same days.
Extra Nights of Housing
We offer extra nights of housing in the dorm to help make your travel to and from camp more flexible. The cost for an extra night of housing is $50.00/night. This includes the additional night, counselor supervision, and all extra meals. Extra nights are required if you are:
- arriving the day before your designated check-in.
- arriving between midnight and 8:00am on the day of your designated check-in.
- attending multiple camps and will not be checked-out in between the two camps.
- if you are departing the day after your scheduled check-out.
Extra nights are limited to one night before and/or one night after camp starts and ends.
Extra nights are not available on June 10th or July 15th.
To arrange for an extra night of housing, please fill out and return the Extra Night of Housing Request Form.