Ruby Diamond Concert Hall
The music performance halls within the College of Music at Florida State University (Ruby Diamond Concert Hall, Opperman Music Hall, Dohnanyi Recital Hall, Lindsay Recital Hall, Longmire Recital Hall, and Owen Sellers Amphitheatre) support the academic mission of the College as premier acoustic music performance venues. These halls play a crucial academic role in the education of Florida State University College of Music students. Therefore, scheduling priority for each of these halls is given first to acoustic musical events involving College of Music faculty and / or students as performing artists. Secondary priority is reserved for other University-sponsored acoustic musical events, followed by other non-music programming sponsored by units within Florida State University.
In addition, the College of Music’s performance halls may be scheduled for other outside events at the discretion of the College. Such scheduling will be dependent on the availability of space, personnel, and other institutional resources. Priority will be given to those events that have the greatest potential benefit to College of Music students and faculty, the University as a whole, the State of Florida, and the broader Tallahassee community.
- 1,172 seating capacity without seats installed on the pit
- Proscenium – 55’ wide X 28’ high
- Depth of stage – 39’ from the plaster line
- Designed by Gilchrist Ross Crowe Architects with Acoustics and Theatre by Creative Acoustics and Theatre Consultants Collaborative, constructed by LLT Building Corporation
- Movable orchestra shell
- Height adjustable orchestra pit
- Bio Channel Classic Sprung Floor by Robins
|Contact for Booking|
|For student events|
|For all other events|
|RDCH Production Office - (850) 644-5541|