Register for Camp
Registration for the 2013 Summer Camps is open.
There are two ways to register for camp: by mail or online.
At this time we have wait lists for the following:
- Alto-Saxophones at Senior High Band Camp
- Violin at String Orchestra Camp
- Cello at String Orchestra Camp
- Alto-Saxophones at Middle School Band Camp
- Alto-Saxophones at Jazz Ensemble Camp for Senior High
- Alto-Saxophones at Jazz Ensemble Camp for Middle School
- Piano Camp
If you wish to be placed on one of these wait lists, please call us at 850-644-9934.
All other camps/instruments remain open for registration at this time.
DEPOSIT, PAYMENT & REFUND POLICIES
Methods of Payment
Payments can be made online using a credit card or by mailing us a check. Please note that FSU assesses a $7.00 transaction fee on all credit card transactions. If you wish to avoid this fee, please pay with a check.
To Pay With A Check:
Checks should be made payable to: Florida State University
Please put the campers name and the camp they are attending in the memo portion of the check
To Make A Payment With A Check:
555 West Pensacola Street
PO Box 3061640
Tallahassee, FL 32306-1640
To Make Payments Online With A Credit Card:
Go to: http://fees.fsu.edu
Click on: Other Customers and Non Credit Students
Enter: The campers social security number without any dashes in the Customer ID Box
When you are done, be sure to click LOG OUT at the top of the page. If you don't the system will give you incorrect information the next time you try to access it. This is especially important if you have more then one camper that you are paying for.
Online payments take up to 48 hours to post to your account. If your camp begins on a Sunday, and you make a payment online during the 48 hours before check-in, please bring proof of your online payment with you to check-in. Payments made online after noon on Friday will not be reflected in your account by the time check-in takes place.
A non-refundable deposit of $75.00 per camp is required at the time of registration. This deposit is applied toward the camp tuition. Your space at camp is not reserved or guaranteed until this deposit has been paid.
You can view your camp balance and payments at an time by going to http://fees.fsu.edu/. Click on "other customers" and input the students social security number (without dashes) under the Customer ID. If payments are mailed, allow a minimum of 10 business days for processing. Online payments may take up to 48 hours to post to your account.
The balance of camp tuition & housing fees are due no later than two weeks prior to the start of your camp. Full or partial payments are accepted at any time after the camper is registered. The following is a schedule of due date for final payment:
|Camp Name||Balance must be paid by|
|Band Camp for Senior High||Monday, June 10, 2013|
|Band Camp for Middle School||Monday, June 24, 2013|
|Choral Ensemble Camp||Monday, May 27, 2013|
|Double Bass Workshop||Wednesday, June 5, 2013|
|Double Reed Workshop||Tuesday, May 28, 2013|
|Elementary Music Day Camp||Monday, May 27, 2013|
|Guitar Workshop||Tuesday, June 4, 2013|
|Honors Chamber Winds Camp||Monday, June 10, 2013|
|Jazz Ensemble Camp for Senior High||Monday, June 3, 2013|
|Jazz Ensemble Camp for Middle School||Monday, May 27, 2013|
|Marching Band Leadership Camp||Monday, June 24, 2013|
|Piano Camp||Monday, May 27, 2013|
|FSU Piano Institute||Monday,May 27, 2013|
|String Orchestra Camp||Monday, June 10, 2013|
|Tuba & Euphonium Workshop||Wednesday, June 5, 2013|
If a registered student becomes unable to attend camp for any reason AND camp administration received a written refund request, the following refund policy will apply:
- Written notice received in camp office 10 or more business days (Monday - Friday) prior to the first day of camp: Full refund of tuition & housing less the $75.00 deposit.
- Written notice received in camp office 1-9 business days (Monday - Friday) prior to the first day of camp: Refund of tuition only less the $75.00 deposit.
- No refunds of any kind are available as of camp check-in day.
Accepted forms of written notification include:
- Letters mailed to the camp administration office at FSU Summer Music Camps, PO BOX 3061180, Tallahassee, FL 32306 and RECEIVED in our office according to the policy above.
- Email sent to the camp administration office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to get a replay confirming that we received you email request and that your refund is being processed.
- Letters faxed to the camp administration office at 850-644-5257.
AFTER YOU REGISTER:
Approximately two weeks after your registration has been received and processed you will be mailed a packet of information to help you prepare for camp. Please pay careful attention to this packet when it arrives. Inside you will find:
The Parent & Camper Handbook
This will be your guide for packing, directions, dorm information and much more. Please read through it carefully.
- A packet of forms you will need to fill out and return. Some forms have deadlines. These forms include:
- permission forms
- medical forms
- roommate request forms
- elective selection forms
- airport pick up forms
- order forms