Arrange a Visit
Visits to the College of Music are encouraged for all applicants, although it is not a requirement. During Fall and Spring Semesters, tours are given Monday through Friday at 10:00 am. Please call the admissions office at 850.644.6102 or contact the Visitor Center to reserve your spot with the College of Music. Space for each daily tour is limited and Summer tours may be available on a limited schedule. Questions regarding admissions, financial aid, and the various music programs will be answered during the appointment. Auditions for undergraduate applicants cannot be scheduled during these appointment sessions.
The best time to experience the College of Music is when our Fall and Spring classes are in session, and our faculty, staff, and students are available to answer your questions. Some visit activities are unavailable during semester breaks, final exam weeks, the summer session, and Spring Break. University offices are closed on weekends. Visit activities may also be limited due to special campus events.
Classes are in session during the following periods:
- Summer Term: Mid-May to the first week of August. Although we will be happy to meet with you during the summer term as our limited schedule permits, we highly recommend visiting during the fall and spring semesters. Those semesters will be full of activity and will provide a true FSU College of Music experience. We realize the summer semester may be more convenient for travel purposes, and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
- Fall Term: End of August to the first week of December
- Spring Term: First week of January to late April (No tours will be given during spring break).
The University closes for the following holidays:
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Memorial Day (observed)
- Independence Day (observed)
- Labor Day
- Veterans' Day
- Winter Holidays (typically between the third week of December and the first week of January)